With the vast number of factors that have been found that can influence field sobriety tests today, it is amazing that they are still used at all. It is important to hire a DUI lawyer in Las Vegas that is skilled enough to challenge these tests.
Your DUI Lawyer in Las Vegas Should be Familiar With These Factors
Field sobriety tests are simply not enough to go on to decide if someone is intoxicated. Your DUI lawyer in Las Vegas should recognize these factors listed below which make it difficult for even a completely sober person to pass field sobriety tests.
- Improper footwear, such as high heels, boots or hard-soled shoes
- Being anxious, intimidated or nervous
- Tested on a slippery or uneven surface
- Undesirable weather
- Distractions from road traffic and flashing lights
- Being elderly, overweight, injured, tired or uncoordinated