Effective DUI Defenses
- You were pulled over for no legally justifiable reason
- The officer or police department failed to comply with Nevada regulations
- You were denied the chance to submit to a breath or blood test
- You were improperly questioned in violation of Miranda rights
- Improper procedures were followed at the checkpoint where you were stopped
- You asked for, but did not receive, access to an independent test
- Your right to a prompt and speedy trial was compromised
- Your blood alcohol level was higher during the test than when you were behind the wheel.
What to Do If You Are Stopped for DUI
As the saying goes, forewarned is forearmed. Even if you believe you’ll never be pulled over for a DUI, knowing what to do in this situation, or even similar circumstances, can make a world of difference if it ever does happen.
Stay calm. You won’t be helping yourself or your case if you lose your cool on the scene. Address the officer(s) respectfully, and refrain from arguing or using foul language. Regardless of whether you were read your Miranda rights, anything you say could be used against you at trial.
Ask for your lawyer as soon as you are arrested. Be observant of the situation around you, noting any relevant details, such as the arresting officer’s name and badge number, the names and contact details of other witnesses, and any other information pertaining to your case.
By staying calm, being observant, and consulting an attorney as soon as possible, you’ll be helping things run as smoothly as possible, as well as ensuring that critical evidence and information is available for your defense. Remember, with an expert attorney knowledgeable in defending DUI cases, chances are good that you can come away from this with the best outcome possible. If you find yourself on the receiving end of a drunk driving arrest in Las Vegas, call our law office as soon as possible.